Unfortunately, this fix is not 100% where I would want it to be for this release, as there are still some remaining issues despite me spending numerous hours, exhausting all my knowledge in attempt to fix, and even directly asking for help from those that are more experienced but was unable to find a solution for them. So I've decided to wrap it all up, and put together this release in the state that it is in.
I have played through the entire game and can say that it is most certainly "playable" in 3D with this fix... way better than that, even. Most of the time the fix is flawless and this game is, hands down, the most gorgeous game I've ever played! Just a shame that the remaining issues exist because it would otherwise be a perfect fix. If I ever can manage to sort out these issues, you can be sure I'll update this.
So without further adieu, I finally present to you this fine piece of work.
-All halos on effects
-Specular reflections/directional lighting & shadows
-Reflections on water surfaces & glossy surfaces
-Some distant objects/scenery may flicker due to occlusion culling that could not be worked around
-Stages 2, 5, 7 and 8 start off with shadows flickering. Press [ to temporarily disable the fix for shadows which will stop the flickering, you can then press [ again to reenable after you've reached the following sections:
- Stage 2: Can reenable after sparring segment with Leonidis
- Stage 5: Can reenable after ambush
- Stage 7: Can reenable after first fight in senate auditorium
- Stage 8: Can reenable after ballista segment (I think. Can't exactly remember this one)
INSTRUCTIONS1. Download: Version 1.0
2. Extract zip file to the folder: ...\Ryse Son of Rome\Bin64
3. Either use Nvidia Inspector to import the Ryse Profile.nip file included in the zip file, or manually import the following profile data:
Profile "Ryse: Son of Rome"
Executable "ryse.exe" FindFile="crygameryse.dll"
Setting ID_0x0013fec2 = 0x00400001
Setting ID_0x00161903 = 0x00000001
Setting ID_0x00161903 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x080040f5
Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000002
Setting ID_0x1033dcd3 = 0x00000004
Setting ID_0x106d5cff = 0x00000000
Setting ID_0x10f9dc81 = 0x00000011
Setting ID_0x701eb457 = 0x2241ab21 InternalSettingFlag=V0
Setting ID_0x702442fc = 0x00004000 UserSpecified=true
Setting ID_0x709aa171 = 0x349addfb InternalSettingFlag=V0
Setting ID_0x709aa171 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true InternalSettingFlag=V0
4. Game settings: When loading the game, must ensure to turn Motion Blur and Temporal Aliasing off. Fix was created using all High settings (and Very High for texture resolution), uncertain if it will work on lower settings.
5. I've set the following key functions as follows:
\ Toggle removes the HUD from the screen (nice for taking screenshots)
/ Toggle removes the depth of field effect.
] Adjusts the depth of the HUD. Default is pushed into screen 75%
[ Toggle turns off shadows fix as mentioned above in the Other Issues section
Tools/Resources Used & Special Thanks:
-3DMigoto - Thanks to the entire 3DMigoto team
-DarkStarSwords Lichdom:Battlemage fix was used as a framework to learn CryEngine fixing methodology, so thanks to DSS for his hard work
Like this fix and want to show support & appreciation?
Fixes take a lot of time and effort, so donations are always welcome and appreciated! Paypal donations may be sent to: email@example.com