Wednesday, November 9, 2016
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
3D Vision fix for Skyrim Special Edition, which uses a DirectX 11 renderer. Made by masterotaku and DJ-RK. It was possible to do thanks to the 3Dmigoto developers.
Download link v7 (7z): https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/SkyrimSE/skyrimse_3dfix_v7.7z
Download link v7 (zip): https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/SkyrimSE/skyrimse_3dfix_v7.zip
Links updated on 2016-12-04.
- Updated 3Dmigoto to 1.2.50. It solves an issue with the dll.
- Added another fixed water shader.
- Updated 3Dmigoto to the 1.2.49 version. That means that importing a profile isn't needed anymore. Fake 3D is disabled by default.
- Added another shader to the bloom toggle (bloom lens flares).
- Changed the HUD on/off hotkey to "k" instead of "l", to not interfere with the map.
- Changed the SLI compatibility bits in the profile.
- Snow particles on surfaces.
- Skybox (clouds, sun, moon, stars, etc).
- God rays (mostly. Imperfections can be noticed at extremely high convergence settings).
- Screen space reflections. Although they aren't too bad.
1- Unzip the contents of the fix in the root folder of the game ("Skyrim Special Edition").
2- Launch the game.
3- Once you are ingame, configure convergente to your liking, using the F1 hotkey or doing it manually.
- "F1": four convergence presets. Change them in "d3dx.ini" if you don't like them.
- "F2": HUD depth presets.
- "F3": bloom on/off. Not disabled by default.
- "F4": fog on/off. Not disabled by default and not intended to be disabled.
- "y": blood on screen effect. Not disabled by default.
- "v": HUD X axis curvature presets. 0 by default. The other values are 1 and -1.
- "b": HUD Y axis curvature presets. 0 by default. The other values are 1 and -1.
- "n": general HUD curvature setting. Curvature is disabled by default.
- ".": autocrosshair by DJ-RK, but this time as a hotkey. Disabled by default (it can interfere with some menus).
- "k": HUD on/off. It's on by default. It will disable all menus, letters, cursors, etc.
Screen space reflections work mostly OK for ground surfaces and will make nice 3D reflections, but you will notice that on walls and other surfaces they won't be accurate. It they annoy you or you need more GPU performance, disable them in the game launcher options.
Q: Does this work with mods?
A: This fix has been tested with the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266/?) and also with and without some graphical mods, like Realistic Water Two (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2182/?). I have also tried texture mods, which don't modify any shaders and shouldn't give any problems.
Q: There are too many hotkeys! They interfere with my custom binds or console commands. Can I disable some of them or change their key?
A: Yes. Open the "d3dx.ini" file and search the hotkey you want to delete or change. The sections are "[Key1]", "[Key2]" and so on. Delete them and the lines below them, or edit the "Key = " line. I have included descriptions so you will know which is which. You can also change the default value of variables. It's above the hotkeys section.
Q: X effect is broken since Y game update or Z essential mod. How can I let you know?
A: It's probably best if you post in this thread (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/969381/3d-vision/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition/1/) rather than in this blog post. But feel free to post here. I'll try to check often.
Posted by masterotaku