Merry Christmas everyone! This is more an experience than a game really, but it is quite something else with the sheer abundance of sea life around you and the attention to detail to make things like kelp and algae move realistically is quite impressive. I laughed with glee when I first came across a group of fish swimming in a bait ball and was able to experience what it would be like to swim through the middle of them :)
Download the fix: 3Dfix-ABZU-1.2.zip
- Killed motion blur (causes massive issues in 3D)
- Fixed Temporal Anti-Aliasing (the game inexplicably enables this about half way though)
- Halos and related issues on all surfaces (grass, rocks, water, etc, etc, etc)
- Specular Highlights
- Environmental reflections
- Sun reflection
- Water clipping near walls
- Water caustics
- Water density
- Fix crash on Windows 10 when using the SBS custom shader
- Allow Steam Overlay + Steam Controller to work
- Fixed giant nautilus
- Fix light hitting volcanic ash in depths level
- Several more minor effects fixed
Extract the zip file to the game directory. If done correctly, the d3d11.dll should be in the same directory as AbzuGame-Win64-Shipping.exe (not the top level directory)
Launch the game. The first time you run it (and again after any driver update) you will get a UAC prompt for Rundll32 to install the driver profile - choose yes.
SLI + 3D Vision is broken in this game in recent drivers. The surface of the water is badly visually corrupted and the waves on the surface do not match between the eyes. Either disable SLI through the control panel, or downgrade to a known working driver:
- 372.90 (Wed Sep 21, 2016): Works
- 373.06 (Thu Oct 06, 2016): Works
- 375.63 (Sun Oct 23, 2016): Broken
- 375.70 (Fri Oct 28, 2016): Untested, presumed broken
- 375.95 (Fri Nov 18, 2016): Broken
- 376.09 (Mon Nov 28, 2016): Broken
- 376.19 (Mon Dec 05, 2016): Untested, presumed broken
- 376.33 (Wed Dec 14, 2016): Broken
- 376.48 (Wed Dec 21, 2016): Broken
If you see a massively broken effect (like a flickering surface, nuclear lights, an inexplicable colour filter, etc) it might just be a glitch. Try restarting the game before reporting any issues.
About half way through the game it suddenly enables temporal anti-aliasing for no apparent reason, which has issues in 3D. I've fixed all the worst problems this causes, but it still exhibits some minor judder in some areas.
Side-by-Side / Top-and-Bottom Output Modes
This fix is bundled with the new SBS / TAB output mode support in 3DMigoto. To enable it, edit the d3dx.ini, find the [Present] section and uncomment the line that reads:
run = CustomShader3DVision2SBS
Then, in game press F11 to cycle output modes. If using 3D TV Play, set the nvidia control panel to output checkerboard to remove the 720p limitation.
Like my Work?
Modding games takes a lot of time and effort, not to mention the work I do behind the scenes improving our tools and helping others. If you like what I do, consider supporting me on Patreon for a recurring donation or Paypal for a one off.