Monday, April 17, 2017

Yooka-Laylee




3D Vision fix for Yooka-Laylee with extra graphics options.

Fixed
- Haloing issues (smoke, water, fire, etc).
- Lighting.
- Shadows.
- Shooting minigame now has the crosshair at a useable depth.

Installation
- Download this file and extract its contents in the root folder of the game.
- Launch the game through a shortcut that forces exclusive fullscreen. For example: "C:\GOG\Yooka-Laylee\YookaLaylee64.exe -window-mode exclusive".

Hotkeys
- F1: two convergence presets.
- F2: HUD depth presets.
- F3: bloom toggle. Not disabled by default.
- F4: depth of field toggle. Not disabled by default.
- F5: post process antialiasing toggle. Not disabled by default.
- F7: depth of field strength presets. Initial strength by default.

Notes
- I haven't reached the end of the game yet. I will do so when the game receives updates or more content, because I have lost my save file.
- Those updates may break 3D as it has happened with other Unity games, when developers update the engine. I will fix the game again if that happens (probably not immediately if there are going to be more updates soon).

8 comments:

  1. wow thank you so much! now I'll take this game in steam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx so much this is fantastic in 3D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wouaaah!!! great this patch
    very googd job
    A french fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there. I add the "-window-mode exclusive" to the icon from GOG, but nothing. Do I have to obligatory have an Nvidia card? I can only hear two low beeps and the app doesn't even start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start explaining everything. What do you want from the fix? If it's only for the graphics mods (depth of field, AA and bloom toggles), you don't need to run the game in exclusive fullscreen or an Nvidia GPU, in theory. That's just for 3D, and if you don't have an Nvidia GPU, you can't play with 3D Vision.

      The beeps are definitely not normal and it shows that something is wrong with the fix in your case. But I don't have an AMD GPU to test that. This fix doesn't use the Nvidia profile section, so it shouldn't be trying to access your registry, for example.

      Open "d3dx.ini" and set "calls=0" to "calls=1". Then, when you try to boot the game it will generate a "d3d11.log" file. Show me its contents after your game crashes.

      Delete
    2. Hi. Sorry for not specifying it in the first place: I'm interested in the graphics mods (I'm on AMD)

      Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/3fkjnvtB

      Delete
    3. Try deleting or renaming "nvapi64.dll" in the game folder (it came with the fix). I faintly recall that if it's present, it's what makes a Nvidia GPU mandatory.

      Delete