Tuesday, May 16, 2017
3D Vision fix for BlazBlue Centralfiction. I have put a lot more time and effort than in the fix of the previous games.
- All HUD/movies/interface at the sprites base depth for consistency (it depends on separation and convergence).
- All characters and their effects (reflections, lighting, transparency) at depth, depending on separation and convergence. Also, in this fix sprites can have variable depth that depends on their shader depth value, in 15 manually calculated steps (for camera zoom in and zoom out). The steps switching will be less noticeable if you use the low convergence preset.
- Bloom leaks no more at the sides of the screen (it was a side effect of putting some HUD/Izayoi effects at depth).
- The Izayoi sword trail effect doesn't have the same depth information as the sprites, so it can only be at the sprites base depth. That means that if you walk near the corners of the screen you will see that it's at a slightly different depth.
- Some effects in the story mode (visual novel parts) add depth to a layer on top of previously added depth for another effect (transitions, some black and white moments, etc). If you find that annoying, use the F3 hotkey to have most of the interface at screen depth, or just play those parts in 2D.
- Somehow, the Network -> D-Code Edit -> Title and Quick MSG texts (also the Duel Field stage text) are invisible when the main HUD shader is used in the fix. You can still edit those texts without problems.
- The Colosseum and Duel Field stages have TVs. They will look mostly correct with the F3 preset, but not with any other convergence. I had to make the choice between fixing that or Hakumen symbols in battle (I chose Hakumen. The other option also broke some HUD elements).
- The most important thing: open the game and in "Options -> Display Options" use 1920x1080 and Full Window. I don't recommend any other resolutions (they are badly done upscales or downscales). At least on Windows 10, exclusive fullscreen forces 60Hz, so no 3D (I also have a black screen problem in fullscreen if 3D is enabled in the drivers).
- Use Nvidia Profile Inspector and add "BBCF.exe" to the "3D-Hub Player" profile (the only way I found to trigger 3D Vision). For better sprites and general image quality, set "Antialiasing - Mode" to "Enhance the application setting" and "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" to "8x Sparse Grid Supersampling". It's VERY recommended to do that. Do what you want with "Texture filtering - LOD Bias (DX)", depending on your sharpness/blurriness taste.
- Download this file and extract its contents in the root folder of the game ("BlazBlue Centralfiction"), where "BBCF.exe" is. Use 7-zip for that.
- After booting the game, the game window will resize itself to fake fullscreen. Mash the F1 to F3 keys because sometimes the fix doesn't load properly until you do that.
- F1: low convergence.
- F2: medium convergence.
- F3: exact convergence for HUD and sprites (when the camera is neutral) at screen depth.
I have a 1440p monitor. If I set the monitor to 1920x1080 to have a big screen size, the borderless fullscreen game looks like it misses some rows and columns of pixels (report this issue in the Steam discussions if it happens to you too). It looks perfect when the monitor is at a higher custom resolution, like 1968x1107 (small black borders surrounding the game if I use aspect ratio scaling in the Nvidia Control Panel).
If you liked the fix and want to contribute for more future fixes, you can donate to this PayPal account: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by masterotaku